5 Signs You're Growing Up
by Elizabeth Barrera
Growing up is hard to do. Sometimes we grow up without even realizing it. But if any of the things listed below sound familiar to you, face it: you may be growing up faster than you think.
1. You get overly excited to watch House Hunters and everything else on HGTV. Getting extremely involved in the three houses up for debate is your new obsession. Let’s face it, you probably get irrationally frustrated when they don’t choose your favorite home. If you know the difference between crown moulding and wall trim, you're growing up.
2. Three drinks are your ultimate max. Any more and a blackout can be guaranteed. You probably already learned your lesson - the hard way. You can’t shotgun two beers anymore and immediately chase them with a mix of different liquors. Sticking to one drink is most likely your best bet, so choose wisely. If you find yourself getting tipsy on less and less, you're growing up.
3. Your weekday bedtime is 10:30pm.
Long gone are the nights when you’d binge-watch Suits or Grey’s Anatomy till 3am and still be able to function during the day. You now find yourself needing eight hours of rest in order to be engaged during the next day’s meetings...and you still want to hit the snooze button five times in the morning. If you find yourself putting your phone on "Do Not Disturb" before 11PM, you're growing up.
4. CNN (or any news outlet) and coffee are part of your morning routine. Now that you actually wake up early enough to make yourself some coffee and breakfast, you find yourself tuning into CNN to catch up on Trump’s newest obstruction so you can rage about it with your coworkers once you’re in the office. If you know more about politics and world events than about the newest YouTube star, you're growing up.
5. You start making remixes to The Food Network’s recipes. You pretty much have most recipes nailed in your brain, you just make some tweaks here and there to make it your own. Just admit it, you’re basically a chef and you would definitely win an episode of Chopped. If you spend at least one night per week perusing the grocery store aisles for the perfect spice to season your chicken, you're growing up.