5 Best Friends You’ll Have In Your Mid-to-Late 20s
by Elizabeth Barrera
It’s a little hard to stick to just one friend when you’re no longer spending your days in school and partying with those same people. Instead, you’ll find yourself going to different people based on the different needs you’ll have. For example, is your work best friend also your partying best friend? Probably not. Check out the list below to see if your best friends are on here!
1. Work best friend. Now that we have work to worry about, it’s important that we find a friend who we can talk to on a daily basis. Whether it be about your team’s monthly meetings, the lack of snacks in the break rooms, or how the hot new CFO is barely in the office--your work best friend will surely be there to hear you out.
2. Going out best friend. It’s Friday night and you want to let loose after a long week at work. This friend is probably the one who’s most willing to go to a club out in the city with you. They are also more likely to push you toward drunkenness, so careful with this one, unless your ultimate goal is a blackout, of course.
3. Wine night best friend. Don’t feel like getting too crazy? Your wine night best friend has got you covered. This friend will be in full support of popping your favorite red bottle(s) over a Rom Com on a Friday night, which you probably won’t watch because you’ll end up talking about the latest engagement post on Instagram anyway.
4. Venting best friend. We cannot take them for granted, ever. Your venting best friend is the only friend who will be okay with listening to your same bullsh*t story about how your man started talking to his ex...again. Cherish the venting best friend, because no one else will sympathize with your repeated stories like they do.
5. Hometown best friend. We forget about this one sometimes just because we don’t see them as often, but the chemistry will always be there. When you reconnect, it feels like not much has changed between you two, and you can always pick up where you left off. Let’s be real, they save you from the craziness of being home.